Adrian's Travel Bug

Little travel tales and stowaways dreams.

My Photo
Location:Singapore

Well, I am described as an outdoor person whom you can always find me in any outdoor places.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

日本へ旅行したことは初めて!!!


日本へようこそ!!!!
It was my first time I visited Tokyo in Japan. It was 22nd December 2003 and I was feeling so excited for 2 main reasons. One was to experience my real freedom to travel alone to Japan with a new challenge to practise speaking Japanese with the native Japanese and the other one was to see my ex. It was kinda hardly for me to contain my excitement as the TV screen indicated the time remaining to reach Tokyo. I was on en-route from Bangkok International Airport. It indicated "10 more minutes" and a red signal on top of the passengers required all passengers to buckle our seat belts before landing down at Narita International Airport. As I was fastening my seat belt, I lifted up the window and one thing catched my attention. It was definitely an unforgettable moment. It was Mount Fuji. It was simply symmetrical and so godly with its sunlight-kissed snowy peak. It was so awfully beautiful that no other words could describe the majestic mountain which was greatly revered by all Japanese as symbol of Japan!

Another 5 more minutes, as the Narita International Airport inched into my vision and I was smiling to myself. Another 10 minutes, I was out of the airplane and everyone seemed to pick up their paces once again. It seemed like everyone who had switched to their fast mode when they were in Japan. I began to catch up with the fellow passengers to the passport counters. Everyone started pulling out their warm clothing and it was my first time to experience winter in my life. I followed the suit to fish out my white warm clothing. As I was waiting outside the immigration counter, I was wondering whether my ex was waiting for me outside the arrival gate and I wondered to myself whether I could find him. After I cleared the immigration counter, I hurried to the baggage counter to collect my baggage and carted my baggage outside. It was such a hive of activity with so many people walking fast. In fact, they walked at such an incredible pace which was not like in Singapore. Finally, i found him waiting for him wearing his winter clothing which was my first time to see wearing.

”東京へ来たようこそ!!” . I nodded and replied "はい!私は少し疲れましたね!でも、貴方にまた嬉しく見ました。” He took my luggage and took me outside to the bus platform. Wintry air hit my face for the first time. He demonstrated with his mouth open and puffed out the visible vapour. I smiled and followed huffing out my vapour. He said that we would buy the bus tickets and we would go to Shinjuku (新宿) before taking JR train to Jiyuugaoka (自由が丘). I said "うん。。。分かった!” with my stiff nod as I was trying to imitate the Japanese nodding whenever they understood. We laughed together and our bus finally arrived. Before boarding the bus, I had to hand in my ticket and took our front seat. He told me that it would take 2 hours to travel from Narita International Airport to Tokyo. "本当ですか!!!” I said with disbelief upon hearing that Tokyo was so far away from Narita International Airport (成田空港).

Finally the bus started moving and off we moved towards the world's biggest city Tokyo 東京 with buzzling metropolis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home