Adrian's Travel Bug

Little travel tales and stowaways dreams.

My Photo
Location:Singapore

Well, I am described as an outdoor person whom you can always find me in any outdoor places.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

あーやっと東京だね!!!!

As the bus was inching towards Tokyo, ubiqutous skyscrapers accumulated in the distance and my ex told me that we were passing by the Tokyo bay. In other 20 more minutes, we would be in Shinjuku. Wow..so many buildings that are built closely to one another. It was like a second New York though I had never been there before. As the bus went along the bridge crossing the Tokyo bay, I could see human life increasing in intensity and finally we arrived outside Shinjuku Station. My ex nudged me to go out to collect the baggage and we went into Shinjuku JR station. Again, these Japanese still were walking at their incredibly fast pace and my ex went even faster than before that I could not catch up with him. Finally we arrived at the ticket counter and he got the train pass for me. We zoomed to catch the JR to Shibuya (渋谷)which was 2 stations away. In this train, it was horribly packed with passengers that your face could virtually touch others. And we had to struggle through the crowd in the train. Finally we arrived in Shibuya and rushed off to catch other train to Jiyuugaoka (自由が丘) where he stayed alone.

In another 30 minutes, we finally arrived at 自由が丘 and it really impressed me to some extent. It was quite similar to Holland Village where you could find many small shops selling bread, vegetables and many stuff that you could need at your own convenience. The pace of life over there was definitely much slower than that in Shinjuku or Shibuya. We walked to his house which was quite a stone's throw away and we arrived at the 3-storey apartment. It was really a small building with around 10 occupants. We arrived at his brown door and we entered his room. Wow. It was so small that everything including the kitchen, bathroom and living room were cramped into one room. The only space for you to move around was in his living room with his low dining table with tatami (畳). "小さいだね!" I muttered to myself as we walked towards his living room. His small-sized bed was at the corner and in front of his bed stood a huge mirror with huge cross hanging. On the right side of his bed stood a small cupboard and low dining table. On the other side was simply a chair with his warm clothings strewn over. Finally both of us jumped together on the bed and we hugged each other for a long time before we got out of his small house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home